Common Questions about your North Carolina Personal Injury Claim

Answers to a few questions we have received lately. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your personal injury case, feel free to contact us through by completing the contact form to the right or by email at or by phone at 888-820-5885.

Can I handle my personal injury case without an attorney?

Yes, you can handle your personal injury case without an attorney. However, we believe that you will get a better outcome in your case if you hire a Durham Personal Injury Attorney or Greensboro Personal Injury Attorney. If you do not have experience dealing with insurance adjusters and insurance companies, it can be helpful to have a Durham Injury Attorney or Greensboro Injury Attorney handle your claim for you.

Should I call the police after my auto accident?

Although you are not required by law to call the police after your auto accident, you should always call the police after your auto accident. You will benefit greatly from having documented your auto accident with a police investigation and an accident report. An accident report is crucial to your claim because it will identify who the police officer believes is at fault and liable for the accident.

I don’t feel any injuries. Should I go to the doctor?

Unless you are 100% certain that you are not injured, we generally recommend that you at least follow up with your personal physician.  You may feel fine now, but it is always possible that you have internal injuries or latent injuries that will not show themselves until later. If you have any doubt, you should seek the advice of a doctor to confirm that you have suffered no injuries. If you go to the doctor and check out to be fine, you will still be able to receive compensation for your medical bills related to the accident.

What should I do if I get a call from an insurance adjuster?

Always remember that insurance adjusters are working for the at-fault driver and the insurance company, and they are not looking out for your best interests. The insurance adjuster’s job is to save the insurance company by settling your claim for the lowest amount possible.  We do not recommend that you speak with any insurance adjuster until you have had an opportunity to consult with a Durham Personal Injury Lawyer or Greensboro Personal Injury Lawyer. In particular, we advise against giving any recorded statements to insurance adjusters, as your answers in the recorded statement can only be used to minimize the value of your claim.

Contact the Durham Injury Lawyers and Greensboro Injury Lawyers of Kreger Brodish LLP if you have any questions about your auto accident or injury claim.