If you’ve been injured in a head-on collision in Durham and someone else was at fault, you deserve justice and accountability. Let the head-on collision attorneys at Kreger Brodish LLP help you pursue it. We know how devastating these accidents can be and want to advocate aggressively for the money you need for your medical bills, damaged property, lost wages, and more.
Our firm strives to provide top-quality service to clients who have suffered injuries because of head-on collisions in and around Durham, NC. Our team of skilled car accident attorneys and paralegals are professional, compassionate, and accessible whenever you need us. We work on a contingency basis and are transparent about the fees we charge for our services. There are no upfront costs to working with us to demand the justice you deserve.
For more than a decade, we have been helping Durham accident victims get the money they need for the losses they’ve suffered. Let us do the same for you. Contact Kreger Brodish LLP today for a free consultation with one of our head-on collision attorneys in Durham, NC.
Common Injuries from Head-On Collisions
Head-on collisions are extremely dangerous and often deadly. According to recent data from the National Safety Council (NSC), head-on collisions accounted for about 3 percent of accidents between vehicles but 29 percent of the vehicular deaths in one recent year. Nearly half of all head-on collisions that year resulted in injuries or death.
Head-on collisions can result in various injuries depending on several factors, including the speed of the vehicles, where the accident victim is sitting, and the safety features in use at the time of the accident. Common injuries suffered from head-on collisions include the following:
- Severe lacerations
- Facial injuries
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Crushed limbs
- Cracked ribs
- Strained or torn muscles
- Torn ligaments or tendons
- Other soft tissue injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal injuries, such as a slipped disc
Proving Fault in a Durham Head-On Collision Case
To pursue compensation after a head-on collision, you must prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident and directly caused your injuries. This is especially important in North Carolina, where an accident victim who is found to have any responsibility at all for the accident cannot get compensation.
It’s crucial to work with a skilled head-on collision attorney who understands the laws in North Carolina and has successfully recovered compensation in these difficult cases. Your lawyer will investigate your case, gather any evidence, and try to prove that the other driver’s negligent actions caused the accident. Some examples of negligent behavior that can lead to head-on car accidents in Durham include the following:
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or certain medications
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Not yielding to oncoming traffic
- Violating the rules of the road
How Long Does It Take to Recover from a Head-On Car Accident?
How long it may take you to recover from a head-on car accident depends on several factors, including the severity of your injuries, the quality of your medical treatment and recovery care, and your overall support network. To help your healing, you should take the following steps after a head-on collision:
- Seek medical care immediately — Even if you feel fine after a head-on car accident, you should still seek medical care immediately. Some injuries may take time to become symptomatic. A medical professional can identify the signs of serious injuries and address them before your condition worsens. You’ll also create a record of your injuries and their connection to the accident, which can be useful for your case.
- Work with a recovery team — Having the right team of recovery professionals is critical to your prognosis. You may need treatment from a doctor specializing in a specific type of injury, such as an orthopedist or spine surgeon. Later, you may need to work with a physical therapist to help your recovery and improve your range of motion. A mental health therapist can address the emotional aspects of a serious injury.
- Take care of yourself — You can aid your physical and mental recovery by eating healthy, exercising as instructed by your physical therapist, getting plenty of rest, and participating in your favorite activities.
- Lean on your support system — Recovering from a head-on collision can be physically, emotionally, and mentally tough. Lean on your family and friends to get you through these difficult times. Your support system could also include at-home aides to help you around the house if your injuries make daily chores difficult.
- Consult an experienced lawyer — Your lawyer can also be a key part of your support system. By working with a head-on collision lawyer, you will save yourself the added stress of working on your accident case yourself. You can also benefit from their experience and track record of success.
- Give yourself time — Head-on collisions can be devastating. Be patient with yourself. Give your body the time it needs to heal.
How Can a Durham Head-On Collision Attorney Help with Your Injuries?
If you were injured in a head-on collision in Durham that wasn’t your fault, the attorneys at Kreger Brodish LLP can help you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver. We understand that the injuries you suffered are likely serious and expensive. Our team will fight aggressively for the compensation you need to recover. Contact us today for a free consultation with an experienced Durham head-on collision lawyer.