In just one recent year, injuries resulted in 10,028 deaths, 52,632 hospitalizations, and 746,579 emergency department visits across North Carolina. If you were injured because of someone else’s actions, you may be owed compensation for your losses through a personal injury claim in North Carolina. The personal injury lawyers at Kreger Brodish LLP can help you demand the money you deserve.
To learn more about these common types of personal injury cases, contact us today for a free consultation.
3 Most Common Injury Claims in NC
- Motor vehicle accidents are the second-leading cause of unintentional injury hospitalizations in North Carolina.
- The economic costs of motor vehicle accidents causing injuries range from $23,900 to more than $100,000, depending on injury severity.
- In one recent year, North Carolina saw 16,464 accidents involving heavy trucks, including 3,924 injury crashes and 156 fatal crashes.
- That same year, there were 3,712 motorcycle crashes, including 2,847 resulting in injuries and 210 that proved fatal.
- Also that year, 1,811 collisions between vehicles and pedestrians resulted in injuries and 276 caused deaths.
- There were also 506 injury accidents and 25 fatal collisions between motor vehicles and pedalcycles.
- Workers in certain industries are especially prone to occupational injuries. But on-the-job injuries can happen in any workplace.
- Most North Carolina workers sustain job-related injuries from slip and falls, transportation accidents, struck-by incidents, and toxic exposure.
- If you get hurt on the job as an eligible employee in North Carolina, you might qualify for workers’ compensation benefits.
- A successful workers’ comp claim can cover your necessary medical care and offset a portion of lost wages from missed time at work.
- Premises liability law deals with property owners’ responsibility to keep their premises reasonably safe for visitors.
- You may have a premises liability claim if you got hurt on someone else’s property because of their negligence. However, someone must have been an invited visitor to pursue compensation in most cases.
- Accidental falls are the leading cause of injury hospitalization in North Carolina. That makes slip and fall injury claims one of the most common premises liability claims. Slips and falls often happen when property owners don’t clean up spills, declutter walkways, or secure loose cables.
- Dog bites are another common type of premises liability claim. The damage is usually covered by the owner’s homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policy.
- Swimming pools are slip-and-fall and drowning hazards, especially in the warmer months. Swimming pools can be tempting to children too young to understand the dangers of trespassing. The state’s “attractive nuisance” doctrine allows the parents of children hurt to seek compensation from the pool’s owner even if they were trespassing.
Contact an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in North Carolina Today
The team at Kreger Brodish LLP has been helping individuals and families pursue these common personal injury claims for the last decade. No matter what type of accident you were in, our attorneys can help determine if your losses warrant a personal injury claim. Reach out today for a free case evaluation with a Durham personal injury lawyer.